The SIM Mission
SIM brings together IT leaders to share, network and give back to their communities through the collaboration of local chapters. Our members strongly believe in and champion the following.
- The alignment of IT and business as a valued partnership.
- The creation and sharing of best practices.
- The effective, efficient and innovative business use of information technology to continuously bring to market valuable products and services.
- IT management and leadership skills development that enables our members growth at each stage of their career.
- The replenishment and education of future IT leaders including a strong role in influencing university curriculums and continuing education.
- Working with the IT industry to shape its direction.
- Policies and legislation that stimulate innovation, economic development, healthy competition and IT job creation.
- Serving our communities and the industry through giving and outreach.
Help us build the future...
Our goal is to be the most respected society of IT leaders.
The SIM Difference
SIM is by practicing technology executives for practicing technology executives. Since 1969, The Society for Information Management has been the premier professional association for senior level technology executives.
- Membership is through “application and acceptance” only in order to maintain the integrity of the group. All member applications are reviewed prior to being accepted in order to ensure the applicant has the credentials and professional experience required.
- By restricting membership to senior level technology executives, SIM is able to focus on the topics most relevant to our group. Most technology focused associations cater to all roles and levels of professionals in the industry in order to grow their membership base. While this creates diversity within the group, it is difficult to meet the needs of the members.
- There is strict adherence to our “no selling at SIM” policy. SIM members have the opportunity to network with their peers and discuss common challenges and solutions in a safe environment, without fear of being “sold to”.
- SIM-Colorado’s programs are targeted for senior level technology executives, giving members the opportunities for professional development, discussions and learning in areas that are meaningful for their professional roles.
- As an international association with local chapters, there are opportunities to network and collaborate with practicing technology executives from across North America.
- As a local chapter within a larger association, SIM-Colorado has the opportunity to customize our chapter’s offerings, programs and culture within a broader governance framework.